Day 1 – The First Fit Test
Today was the first day of the Insanity Workout Program!
On the first day, the only exercise you will be performing is the Fit Test. The Fit Test is a series of exercises in which you have 1 minute to perform as many as possible. You do the fit test every 2 weeks to mark your progress. Here are the exercises and my brief description of them:
- Switch Kicks – Here you basically kick straight up with one leg and alternate while keeping your back straight, you are trying to get your kick to waist level each time.
- Power Jacks – Power jacks are like jumping jacks except each time you come down you go into a squat position.
- Power Knees – Standing up straight with your hands interlaced overhead, and then bringing 1 knee up at an angle across your body and hitting your knee each time.
- Power Jumps – Starting in a squat position then leaping as high in the air as you can.
- Globe Jumps – Kind of squat jumping around the world. You start in squat and jump right, back, left, and front. One rotation equal one globe jump.
- Suicide Jumps – Start standing, then fall into plank position, jump your legs to the front then jump as high in the air as you can.
- Push-Up Jacks - Like a regular push up, except that you spread your legs on each downward portion of the pushup like a jumping jack
- Low Plank Oblique – Get on your forarms in plank position and then drive your knee to your armpit, alternating knees each time.
They make this fit test sound like a nice little fun exercise to see how well you are doing, but it totally kicked my ass! It was like a full-on workout to me. Afterward I was nauseous for about 30 minutes. Part of this program is pushing yourself as hard as you can, which I did. I may have to notch it back or I don’t know if I will make it!
Here are my results from the first fit test:
Fit Test 1
|Low Plank Oblique||32|
Filed under: Fit Test
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!